Henkel is a global leader in Consumer Goods and Industrial Chemicals with a diverse portfolio of well-known brands. As a pioneer in Sustainability, the company is committed to solutions that meet its economic and “climate positive” goals across all its activities along the entire value chain. Working with AVEVA, the Laundry & Home Care division deployed a digital backbone to capture a “single source of truth” to help manage its sustainability and OEE performance.
“When we introduced AVEVA MES in 2013 we had a normal run-rate of 3% energy efficiency savings on every ton of product produced. After we had installed the AVEVA system, we clearly saw the energy efficiency increased. Taking half a percent out equates to almost €500,000., so we are saving €8 million per year six years into the program. We spent around €8-10 million on the system, so you can see the ROI over time is excellent, and we are using the system to generate many other efficiency gains throughout our operations, on top.”
Dr. Dirk Holbach
CSVP, Global Supply Chain
Henkel Laundry & Home Care
- Meet near, medium, and long-term targets for being “climate positive” through 2040
- Gain a real-time view of utilities consumption (energy, water, etc.) and waste (emissions, effluents) across all sites
- Create a global network between locations to collect production data in “single source of truth”
- Provide consolidated reporting to headquarters as well as detailed visibility at the sites to make performance improvements
- Improvements were needed in the collection, use and communication of consumption and emissions data across the length of its global supply chain
- Diversity of hardware vendor landscape across assets (buildings, equipment, etc.)
- Support for ISO 50.001 standards
- Flexible template that was easily expandable to new and existing production sites
- One global model capturing > 1 million data points per day from > 3500 sensors
- Real time monitoring and benchmarking across sites driving continuous improvement and savings resulting in 8 MEUR per year.
- Reduction in filling line waste and elimination of all incorrect labeling resulted in 100% label quality.
- Performance installation has demonstrated measurable improvements of 4.5% in OEE after just one year.
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.