With 50% of its plant operators due to retire within 10 years, BASF faced a challenge. It needed a scalable training solution for its headquarters in Ludwigshafen, Germany, with the capacity to train 600 operators every year. BASF selected a digital approach from AVEVA to train its operators to follow rigorous health, safety, and environmental practices at all times.
“We found that AVEVA’s virtual reality training environment offered us unique advantages. We could create an accurate virtual training environment that enables teams not just to learn the basic procedures and processes they needed to follow, but also to understand the consequences of their actions in a fully immersive simulation. Because many of our apprentices were born in the internet age, they truly appreciated the digital approach.”
Alexander Lang, Training Leader, BASF
- A new, scalable, and efficient method to onboard and train operators
- Minimize costs and accelerate delivery of the new programs
- Over 600 operators trained each year.
- AVEVA XR for Training is intuitive for new recruits.
- Virtual training has sustainability benefits since simulating chemicals processes saves on energy and raw materials.
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.