Our operational footprint is how we approach running our business responsibly, obtaining results the right way, and mitigating the negative environmental impacts of our operations.
- Achieved 100% renewable electricitythroughout our operations
- Received SBTi verification of our near term and net zero GHG emission targets
- Fully aligned with TCFD recommendations
- Joined Green Software Foundation to contribute to an industry-wide reduction in carbon emissions
- Increased awareness to our “Speak Up” policy through amplified employee communications and reminders about reporting confidentiality
- Update travel policies and platform as part of advancing more sustainable travel choices
- Conduct on-site abatement studies at select facilities by energy consumption and develop follow-up plans
- Increase the number of cloud offerings and deploy green product design principles
- Develop a supplier code of conduct and revise our Procurement process to include ESG considerations
Net-zero operations by 2030
We’ve pledged to set science-based emissions reduction targets across all scopes, consistent with achieving net-zero emissions by 2050 and keeping global warming to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels.
We have also committed to net-zero operations (Scopes 1 and 2) by 2030 and a 50% reduction in Scope 3 (value chain) emissions by 2030. We are working toward developing interim progress targets.
We are proud to have joined the United Nations’ Race to Zero campaign and Business Ambition for 1.5°C initiative in line with these commitments and also plan to submit our targets to the Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi) for independent verification before the end of the fiscal year.
We are committed to maintaining a culture that demonstrates strong business ethics. At every level of our organization, we abide by our AVEVA Values and our Business Conduct Guidelines.
Business ethics oversight begins with the Board of Directors and the Executive Leadership Team.
- The Executive ESG Committee, chaired by the CEO, monitors business ethics throughout the organization and works closely with the Audit Committee to ensure that risks are assessed, monitored, and escalated, as appropriate.
- Our Group General Counsel and Company Secretary oversee global compliance with applicable laws and regulations. They update the Board annually.
- The Audit Committee provides independent oversight of the Speak Up program.