When OKG, a Sweden-based nuclear power plant, had to modernize the electric cabling system in its three reactors, it decided to model the components in 3D and integrate them with laser data from the reactor containments using AVEVA E3D software. This innovative approach ensured the highest accuracy and used just 25 laptops—instead of 20,000 documents—to complete the design.
- Minimize unplanned outages: A day-long outage of a reactor cost the company around 1 million EUR.
- Safety First: plant had been shut down for a huge, complex modernization project to upgrade the turbine plant, installing many new equipment and involving demanding installation activities for vital safety systems.
- New Innovative Process Needed to minimize downtime while making sure the highest quality to ensure safety was maintained.
- Reactor outage time has been reduced to below 80 days from the original 150 days.
- Innovative solutions using AVEVA Software allow OKG to develop a new reactor upgrade process to be used in future projects.
- Replacing paper documents with tablet computers transformed the efficiency of the installation, contributing to the sustainability goals of OKG.
- Generating the fabrication drawings directly from the 3D model created using AVEVA E3D Design ensures that the accuracy of the design is conveyed to the fabricators.