Petroleum Development Oman is the foremost exploration and production company in the Sultanate. It accounts for more than 70% of the country’s crude oil production and nearly all of its natural gas supply.
Petroleum Development Oman uses AVEVA™ NET to enable accurate, detailed asset information visualization across the organization, providing users with access and navigation across a digital version of their plant.
- Improve operational performance
- Manage in-plant changes and guarantee integrity and trustworthiness of the ‘as-operated’ asset information
- Save time in searching and collation of data
- Democratize access to trusted data to ensure maintenance workers safety.
- Poor information management: laborious, slow searches for information were holding back operational performance.
- Critical information stored in a wide variety of formats among various repositories and systems across the organization.
- Hard to keep as-built drawings updated after the completion of modification work on a plant which had obvious safety implications.
- Avoid potentially poor decisions that could endanger both the plant and its personnel.
- Engineers can quickly search for a tag and find all its related information, such as process drawings, manuals, specifications, or maintenance history.
- 5% of total worker’s time saved on searching for information = 10,000 worker days. This is the equivalent of finding an extra 50 skilled workers at no extra cost to the business.