AVEVA Group PLC Announces its Results for the Six Months Ended 30 September 2019
CAMBRIDGE, UK, 12th November 2019 - AVEVA Group plc ('AVEVA' or 'the Group') announces its results for the six months ended 30 September 2019.
AVEVA delivers on the Digital Twin with strong results and makes continued progress against its medium-term targets.
|Six months ended 30 September||H1 FY20||H1 FY19||Change|
|Adjusted EBIT Margin||23.1%||16.2%||+690bps|
|Profit/(Loss) before tax||£24.0m||£(5.5)m||-|
|Adjusted3 diluted earnings per share||43.31p||26.25p||65.0%|
|Diluted earnings per share||11.13p||(3.61)p||-|
- Revenue grew 16.5% to £391.9m (H1 FY19: £336.5m)
- Organic constant currency revenue4 growth of 11.9% reflected strong sales execution and benefited from early contract renewals
- Good growth across all geographic regions with Asia Pacific showing particular strength. Each of the Business Units also grew, with particularly strong growth in Engineering
- Recurring revenue up 42.1% to £242.5m (H1 FY19: £170.7m) representing 61.9% of total revenue (H1 FY19: 50.7%)
- Adjusted EBIT up 66.5% to £90.6m (H1 FY19: £54.4m). Constant currency adjusted EBIT grew by 46.5%
- Interim dividend up 10.7% to 15.5 pence per share (H1 FY19: 14.0 pence)
- Net cash and deposits of £58.6m following payment of the final dividend and acquisition of MaxGrip (FY19: £127.8m)
- Strong progress on product integration with the launch of AVEVA Unified Engineering and AVEVA Unified Operations Control Centre
- Outlook remains positive
Chief Executive Officer, Craig Hayman said:
"AVEVA delivered a strong set of first half results. Recurring revenue accelerated as a proportion of overall revenue. Overall revenue grew above the industry growth rate and adjusted EBIT margins also grew significantly. We made good progress against our medium-term targets.
I’m pleased with these results and proud of the focus and execution at AVEVA that is realising our ambition and vision for the digitalisation of the industrial world. By working to understand our customers’ needs, delivering innovation to accelerate their digital transformation and meticulous business execution, we are producing on all fronts and continue to recruit globally for world class talent.
Looking ahead, we see strong demand for digitalisation and industrial software within the industries we serve and remain confident in the outlook."
1. Revenue is shown on a statutory basis. In H1 FY19 revenue was also shown on a pro forma basis.
2. Recurring revenue is defined as rental and subscriptions software licence revenue plus support and maintenance revenue.
3. Adjusted Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) and adjusted earnings per share are calculated before amortisation of intangible assets (excluding other software), share-based payments, gain/loss on fair value of forward foreign exchange contracts and exceptional items. Adjusted earnings per share also includes the tax effects of these adjustments
4. Organic constant currency revenue excludes the reverse acquisition accounting adjustment to deferred revenue of £6.5m in H1 FY19; a currency translation benefit of £10.8m in H1 FY20; and adjusts for the disposal of Wonderware Italy and the acquisition of MaxGrip.
AVEVA Group PLC
Matt Springett, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: 01223 556 676
FTI Consulting LLP
Edward Bridges/Dwight Burden/Harry Straight
Tel: 020 3727 1000
AVEVA is a global leader in engineering and industrial software driving digital transformation across the entire asset and operations life cycle of capital-intensive industries. The company’s engineering, planning and operations, asset performance, and monitoring and control solutions deliver proven results to over 16,000 customers across the globe. Its customers are supported by the largest industrial software ecosystem, including 4,200 partners and 5,700 certified developers. AVEVA is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with over 4,400 employees at 80 locations in over 40 countries. For more details visit: www.aveva.com