Live Concurrent Virtual AVEVA Events Streamed to Employees Around the Globe
London, United Kingdom, 6th March 2020 – AVEVA, a global leader in engineering and industrial software, celebrated International Women’s Day 2020 with a number of live-streamed events throughout the week of 2nd March 2020, designed to connect its global employees. Internal celebrations took place at some of the company’s regional hubs, including Cambridge, UK, Houston, US, and Brisbane, Australia, plus fringe events in additional AVEVA offices.
The theme of this year’s International Women’s Day is ‘Each for Equal’, focusing on striving for equality through enablement and inclusion, and encompassing challenging stereotypes, fighting bias, broadening perceptions and celebrating women’s achievements. AVEVA’s International Women’s Day activities sought to promote the company’s strong belief of equal pay, equal opportunities, and a culture of respect, regardless of gender.
The AVEVA Executive Leadership Team and employees from around the world participated in several events including:
- A ‘meet and greet’ hosted by AVEVA CEO, Craig Hayman, and members of the Executive Leadership Team to discuss the importance of diversity and equality on the 5th March 2020 at the company’s Lake Forest, California offices.
- Lisa Johnston, AVEVA CMO, and Felicity Carson, SVP Marketing, sharing their experiences of working in technology companies and their perspective on developing women as leaders to support balanced and high-performing organizations.
- Andrew McCloskey, CTO, presenting on the AVEVA Women in Engineering program.
- Kathleen Regan, AVEVA’s Director, Strategic Alliances & Technology Partners, and Women in Technology Network Community Lead in New England attending The Women in Technology (WIT) Network International Women's Day Conference on the 5th of March 2020 with local AVEVA Toronto colleagues and AVEVA Portfolio team members.
- Clare Gorman, AVEVA’s Vice President Global Sales Operations speaking about challenging perceptions in business at the Rising Festival on 14th March 2020 in Cambridge
Throughout the week, AVEVA employees were also encouraged to amplify their best practices and experiences through blogs, articles, videos and social posts.
“Our goal at AVEVA is to increase and encourage female talent across the board, and International Women’s Day presents a fantastic opportunity as well as a focal point to highlight the importance of diversity and inclusion in our workplace,” commented Lisa Johnston, CMO at AVEVA. “The technology sector is still significantly underrepresented by women, so we’ve planned these celebratory events primarily to help encourage the next generation of female talent to thrive at AVEVA. Our vision is to fill at least 30% of our global vacancies with women in 2020. Celebrating women from different cultures is one way of acknowledging inclusion and diversity in our workforce - we are proud to be involved in championing International Women’s Day 2020 with such an exciting agenda.”
Notes to Editors:
Copyright © 2020 AVEVA Solutions Limited. All rights reserved. AVEVA Solutions Limited is owned by AVEVA Group plc. AVEVA, the AVEVA logos and AVEVA product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of AVEVA Group plc or its subsidiaries in the United Kingdom and other countries. Other brands and products names are the trademarks of their respective companies.