Meet unprecedented demand while running operations smoothly
The pulp and paper industry is undergoing a massive transformation, shifting away from traditional printing and paper to containerboard in order to support eCommerce deliveries.
As other industries focus their efforts on sustainability, leading pulp and paper companies see a major opportunity to help them replace plastic products with biodegradable alternatives.
To thrive in the rapidly changing market, industry leaders are investing in digital transformation to optimize sustainable processes, asset performance, production yield, and more.
“A pretty set of dashboards is really just that: it’s a pretty set of dashboards. But the real power of a system like this comes from the asset framework and the analytics that are happening behind the scenes, which actually feed all this information and allows us to understand how the mills are operating and how the assets are actually operating.”
—Justin Conroy, Program Manager, Radix Engineering and Software
Accelerate the circular economy and net-zero transition
- Design high-efficiency plants and sustainable processes.
- Reduce your carbon footprint through new feedstock and lower emissions.
- Avoid environmentally harmful components with sustainable replacements.
See how International Paper developed a sustainable solution to reduce steam generation and improve boiler efficiency.
Reduce time from concept to full-capacity production
- Develop new, sustainable products to keep pace with changing market demands.
- Improve engineering efficiency to reduce CAPEX and OPEX.
- Quickly evaluate multiple scenarios to design profitable and sustainable plants.
See how Mondi uses machine learning to control processes in real time, saving €62,000 annually and improving environmental KPIs by 5-7.5%.
Empower your workforce
- Enable remote operations by giving dispersed workers access to the data they need—when they need it.
- Digitalize to attract and retain a new generation of workers.
- Improve workforce efficiency and skills enablement through effective training.
See how WestRock saved 500+ man-hours per month in its facilities.
Optimize your value chain and increase agility
- Ensure product quality with minimum waste and high circularity.
- Optimize planning and scheduling to balance supply and demand.
- Use master data to improve production and supply chain agility from planning through execution.
See how Klabin prevented 30,000 tons of paper production loss.
Ensure reliable, efficient and safe operations
- Increase asset utilization and situational awareness in manufacturing.
- Maximize asset performance and reliability to ensure safe operations.
- Optimize production yield, energy use, and product quality to enhance manufacturing efficiency.
See how Georgia Pacific uses a consistent dashboard across its mills.
AVEVA products for the pulp and paper economy
AVEVA™ PI System™
Collect, aggregate, and enrich real-time operations data for immediate problem-solving and easily deliver formatted data to enterprise applications and advanced analytics.
Asset Performance Management
Find out how to maximize profitability and improve performance with AVEVA Asset Performance Management solutions.
AVEVA™ Data Hub
AVEVA Data Hub is an easily scalable cloud data management SaaS that makes sharing industrial data simple and secure.
AVEVA Unified Operations Center
Capitalize on digital technologies and transform your business by integrating and visualizing all available data.
AVEVA™ Asset Information Management
Accelerate information discovery and break down silos for fast, intuitive, in-context access to relevant data.
Just imagine if you could have complete flexibility in how you purchase, design and use your industrial software.
The industrial transformation of pulp and paper
Unlock the true value of your data with enhanced operational agility.