The Federal Electricity Commission in Mexico uses AVEVA solutions to supply reliable and sustainable electricity across Mexico
- Generate, distribute and market electric power for almost 35.3 million customers and roughly 100 million people throughout Mexico and bordering nation
- Integrate diverse information and telecommunications technologies like graphical systems and SCADA Systems with mobile workforce operations.
- Centralize visibility and control of over 180 transmission and sub-transmission stations throughout Mexico’s Northwestern territory.
- Respond to and comply with governmental energy reform standards.
CFE has structured its assets, workforce and operations to align with the Smart Grid Maturity Model, an international policymaking standard that helps utilities develop a vision and roadmap for Smart Grid implementation.
The following AVEVA solutions were implemented:
- Integrated Mobile Operator Rounds with its SAP system to more effectively and transparently view energy assets, and share real-time information with mobile workforce.
- Developed dynamic energy transmission models in real time.
- Created reusable substation templates to reduce re-engineering and enhance standardization.
- Harnessing operator input to make predictive decisions, mitigate risks, and reduce costs.
- Archived maintenance data to monitor and benchmark asset health
"The main benefit is we have information in real time. We can make predictive decisions, mitigate risk, and reduce costs... We have calculated a rate of return on investment. For every dollar we invest, we can recover up to $10.”
Head of Regional Department of Control CFE,