Wonderware Historian is now AVEVA Historian.
Real-time decisions from a secure and trustworthy set of industrial data
Capture and store high-fidelity industrial data. AVEVA Historian is a process database integrated with operations control that gives you access to your process, alarm, and event history data.
Combining advanced data storage and compression techniques with an industry-standard query interface, AVEVA Historian brings high-performance simplicity to keep your team fully aware of operational performance for faster troubleshooting and informed decisions.
High performance industrial database built for data integrity
AVEVA Historian combines high-speed data collection with built-in advanced data retrieval modes to make your data queries easier to build, more efficient, and more powerful.
A complete picture of operational history
AVEVA Historian simplifies the most demanding data reporting and analysis requirements. Historian can be deployed to monitor a single process or an entire facility, storing data locally and aggregating data at the corporate level. Eliminating multiple versions of plant operating data in this way increases productivity, reduces errors, and lowers operating costs.
Advanced data storage and compression
Unlike conventional relational databases that are not well-suited to production environments, Historian handles time-series data, as well as alarm and event data. Unique “history block” technology captures plant data hundreds of times faster than a standard database system and utilizes a fraction of the conventional storage space.
Uncompromising data integrity
Historian will maintain the data integrity needed for the most demanding requirements. AVEVA Historian manages low bandwidth data communications, late-coming information, and even data from systems with mismatched system clocks. Ensuring high resolution data is captured accurately every time.
Process database for operations control
Tailored to the demanding needs of industrial processes across all industries, AVEVA Historian is the perfect companion to AVEVA’s world-leading operations control solutions for Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA). This enables faster, more informed decisions while keeping everyone informed on operational performance.
Make sense of your industrial data
- Integrate with the industry-leading AVEVA™️ InTouch HMI, AVEVA™️ Edge, AVEVA™️ Plant SCADA, and AVEVA™️ System Platform for maximum return on your operations control software.
- Preserve everything from short-term diagnostics to long-term records needed to support regulatory requirements.
- A complete and accurate operational history provides a foundation for faster troubleshooting and easier discovery of high-value process improvement opportunities.
- Comprehensive reporting and data analysis options allow more team members to gain value from your process history, and having access to data enhances collaboration.
- Flexible, scalable implementation options reduce IT costs and accelerate system ROI. High availability and disaster recovery options help ensure business continuity.
- Reduce data storage costs by more than 80% through ultra-efficient data storage algorithms.
Data analysis and reporting with AVEVA™️ Historian Client
AVEVA Historian Client empowers workers with real-time operational data, allowing users to quickly troubleshoot issues, identify cost-saving opportunities, and improve production efficiency.
- Desktop graphing tool for real-time and historical data trend analysis
- Pause, play, and replay what happened
- Drag and drop data points onto the grid
- Customize the chart with a wide range of charting and formatting capabilities: trend charts, single or stacked, X-Y scatter plots, batch trend charts, and more
- Utilize retrieval styles to transform data results
- Apply annotations for future reference
- Overlay alarm details in context to data trends, including acknowledgement information for each alarm
- Swap between unit measures on the fly
- Embeddable in AVEVA™️ Operations Management Interface, AVEVA InTouch HMI, and AVEVA Plant SCADA
- Desktop query generation tool that easily creates queries, eliminating the need for SQL expertise
- Drag and drop selected tag information
- Simple checkbox for column addition and removal
- Copy and paste constructed queries
- Leverage retrieval styles
- Retrieve annotations and other appended values
- Use standalone, or in tandem with Trend and the Excel add-in
- Interactive web browser application to enable easy searching, analyzing, and sharing of historical information
- Comprehensive search that indexes all existing tags, user generated keywords, and content names
- Display a variety of charts with drilldown capabilities to address different needs, including the ability to change the chart format, stack axes, pan/zoom, and adjust time scale
- View process comments, alarms, and alarm acknowledgements, all captured inline with Historian data
- Create, save, and easily share personal content, as well as create, save, and share dashboards based on user-defined keywords
- Pop-in panel add-in for Microsoft Excel designed to simplify the creation of deep data reports using AVEVA Historian data
- Filter and select the exact tags you want to import to Excel
- Specify the value type: Live values, history values, aggregate values, summary system values, and event snapshot values
- Apply all standard Excel functions to imported data
- Utilize Tag Analysis to dynamically create graphs and trends, create statistics and return configuration and limit information
- Unlimited options to organize and style data
Save reports for repeated use without having to recreate
AVEVA Historian Resources
Extensibility across AVEVA’s software portfolio
We deliver end-to-end visibility of your operations lifecycle, with AI-infused insights that help you optimize your people, processes, and assets. Maximize productivity and safety with a full spectrum of operations solutions, from SCADA control systems to HMI, predictive analytics, and data management software.
AVEVA™️ Predictive Analytics
AI-powered predictive maintenance software to maximize asset reliability and prevent unplanned downtime.
AI-infused SaaS application to visualize and optimize operations using predictive asset and process analytics.
AVEVA™️ PI System
Enterprise-class information management solution for aggregating, enriching, and using real-time operational data.
Discover the Latest News and Resources
Check out the latest news, blogs, events, webinars and success stories.
- Success Story
- AVEVA Connect Cloud Services
Nita Labeling Equipment
- Success Story
The Barcelona-El Prat International Airport
- Success Story
- Consumer Products
- White Paper
- Operations Control and HMI
HMI SCADA Design Fundamentals Building for Situational Awareness
- Blog Post
- Operations Control and HMI
Sep 26, 2022
AVEVA™ Operations Control: Five reasons why our Customer FIRST clients need
- Blog Post
Jun 18, 2021
Uncovering Opportunities Using Process Data