Front End Display
In Sitemap List components using the Child Pages option, link text is pulled from the Breadcrumb field within Page Properties.
The Link URL is derived from the AEM web page itself.
However, sometimes the page has an External URL (see below) or it is redirected (see below).
- If the External URL field is completed within an AEM page, it will override the default page link.
External URL field is used for the following:
- Third party URLs, such as Marketo form URLs or other external links
- AEM page paths that have dynamic Coveo parameters appended
- If the Redirect field is completed within an AEM page, it will override the default page link.
- If the Redirect field is completed within an AEM page, it will override the External URL, if one in included in Card Properties.
If the Redirect field is completed within an AEM page and that redirect points to a third party URL, then that page's Title and Description gets pulled into the AEM Coveo search. This is not ideal because that info typically does not follow the standards being used for the other AEM web pages and the search result may stand out in a bad way.
To override the third party title and description in Coveo search results, do the following:
- Create a permanent redirect outside of the AEM web page
- Remove the redirect URL from the AEM web page
- Add the redirect URL into the External Link field in Card Properties
Another option is to hide the page from the Sitemap List component using the "Hide from Sitemap Webpage" feature in the Site Configuration tab of Page Properties
Hide from Sitemap Webpage
Pages may be hidden from the sitemap webpage, if applicable.
- Pages that are created for SEO purposes only (there are several under /solutions)
- Pages with temporary AEM redirects until permanent redirects can be made and pages can be moved or deleted
Three levels of bulleted hierarchy can be shown for each list.
Most site sections and their high-level pages are represented.
List each industry in alphabetical order.
Given the current folder structure, there is currently no segmentation between SEO webpages and our actual Solution subcategories pages, so all pages get jumbled together. (Impacts Engineering and Operations sections; technical option to "Hide from Sitemap Webage" if applicable.)
- Column 1: Engineering
- Column 2: Operations
- Column 3: Data Management
- Column 4: Digital Transformation, AVEVA Connect, AVEVA Flex
- Display only AVEVA core products; do not include any DX products
- At this time, there is no technological way to segment AVEVA core products from DX products; therefore, to present AVEVA core products only, select each product page manually
Given the volume of pages within these sub-site sections under /perspectives, no subpages are displayed:
- Solution Briefs
- Success Stories
- White Papers
Features the following sub-site sections under /about:
- About AVEVA
- News and Press
- Corporate Governance
Features the following site sections: