AVEVA Plant SCADA 2020 R2 Realizes the Potential of the AVEVA Portfolio
While industries across the globe accelerate their plans for digital transformation and highly reliable and flexible SCADA solutions, many companies are looking toward tightly integrated stacks of solutions to solve their increasingly interconnected operational challenges. As AVEVA continues the launch of our 2020 R2 line of software in 2021, users of AVEVA Plant SCADA will find it easier than ever to integrate their operations for expanded capabilities in monitoring and control.
AVEVA Plant SCADA introduces Industrial Graphics to already excellent graphics capabilities
AVEVA Industrial Graphics provides a new thin client solution for the delivery of HTML5 graphics to desktop browsers and mobile devices. This consists of a new modern graphics editor, new graphics technology, and new web client runtime experience offering HTML5 visualization; all available alongside the existing Graphics Builder editor, legacy Graphics format, and high-performance desktop runtime.
Improved Connectivity (IPv6, OPC-UA Server)
In Plant SCADA 2020 R2, IPv6 addresses are supported throughout the configuration, including PC Network Addresses, I/O Devices (for supported drivers), Servers and Clients. In addition, Plant SCADA supports native OPC-UA server functionality to share your plant data throughout your organization.
- Reduced permissions for running Plant SCADA with support for running under Virtual Service Accounts
- User Groups now able to restrict access to configuration files (including those on deployment server/client), as well as access to the Plant SCADA configuration tools
- Enhanced IT management with support for mapping of security groups to Windows Domain groups including security configuration for Deployment, support for Domain groups within Local groups, and support for authentication of Windows users through CtAPI (so you don’t have to manage local users)
- Extended encryption through to ActiveX Web Server connections
In addition to the keynote features mentioned above, the following enhancements are also now available within Plant SCADA 2020 R2:
- Determine usage of Graphics Library items throughout your project (integrated for both legacy Graphics and new Industrial Graphics Libraries) within Plant SCADA Studio IDE
- Persistent GoTo Object dialog settings within Graphics Builder
- Display dialogs from Graphics Builder on correct monitor
- Hide ‘Add’ button in Special Days view of the BACnet Scheduler at runtime