Insight | BI Gateway
Posted: July, 29 2020
Discover the latest updates to AVEVA Insight
Welcome to another edition of the AVEVA Insight blog. On these pages we showcase what's new, and how this powerful framework helps drive continuity and increased performance of your operations.
Today, I am pleased to announce the release of AVEVA Insight - BI Gateway.
- What is AVEVA Insight - BI Gateway?
- How does it work?
- When do I use it?
What is AVEVA Insight - BI Gateway?
AVEVA Insight - BI Gateway is an enterprise manufacturing intelligence (EMI) solution that automates the extraction, transformation and storage of operational KPIs, metrics and related contextual information across the data structures of Insight.
While Insight already delivers user-friendly analytics and dashboard-based monitoring of metrics, the advanced capabilities of BI Gateway takes things further by enabling workers and decision-makers across the organization to use their preferred IT/BI tools to query data from the operational space. AVEVA Insight - BI Gateway consolidates and contextualizes data for easy consumption by Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Alpana, etc. Removing the need to work with REST Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
End users of these BI tools can seamlessly extract data from the multi-dimensional data store and visualize it, in context, wherever they may be working. For example, Finance teams can now analyze operational data.
How does it work?
AVEVA Insight – BI Gateway software organizes data from multiple assets and/or plants to reveal how disparate industrial operations affect each other. It continuously computes the metrics that are important to improving plant, multi-plant, or infrastructure performance. This enables tighter adherence to operate goals with near real-time resolution.
You will be better able to understand the impact of planning, execution, staffing, and equipment behavior on key strategic variables such as quality, performance, material, and energy consumption.
When do I use it?
Typical applications for AVEVA Insight - BI Gateway include:
- Making better use across the organization of valuable operational and IIoT data
- Providing contextualized insight combining both industrial, time-series and business data
- Easy deployment of analytics throughout the enterprise
- Minimizing the need for specialized IT resources in building customized reporting solutions
- Bridging the IT/OT gap and sharing critical process information with business and finance teams
- Exposing hidden opportunities for reducing operational costs, increasing asset performance, and driving better production results.
And remember, if you don't have an AVEVA Insight account, you can get started today with our 45-day FREE trial, simply sign up at https://insight.connect.aveva.com