From parks and recreation areas to the water supply network, industrial software solutions from AVEVA helped the city of Barcelona centralize the control of all infrastructure systems. With its new, AVEVA-powered digital infrastructure, Barcelona has achieved city-wdie real-time information management. Read the success story and learn how Barcelona optimized the efficiency of municipal services to create a more sustainable and livable city.
“As we know, water is a valuable and scarce resource. The implementation of smart systems enables us to improve the management of different systems deployed in the city to optimize water consumption and achieve a more sustainable city.”
– Cristina Vila Rutllant; General Manager, Barcilona de l’Aigua SA, Barcelona City Council
- To achieve a more sustainable and livable city by improving the quality of life of its citizens.
- Ensure that all available services function and are optimized efficiently
- A solution was needed to enhance the availability and functionality of the city’s resources such as elevators, escalators, public fountains, parks and gardens.
- Barcelona needed to effectively manage the city’s water consumption for both irrigation and public use.
- The city needed to implement a scalable system that enables the integration of new city processes and facilities.
- The city has optimized water consumption via a communications infrastructure built upon the existing irrigation network via a customized SCADA system.
- AVEVA™ System Platform provides a modular structure composed of standardized communication equipment and protocols ensuring connectivity between existing and future systems, as well as scalability to adapt to the needs of the city.
- The open platform allows seamless, real-time management of tailor-made applications via a centralized control system.