Each year, Colorado Springs Utility (CSU) water quality assurance teams analyze and process 14,000 samples and 80,000 analytes from eight watersheds, seven finished water treatment facilities, 38 finished water reservoirs, four post-chlorination stations, two wastewater treatment facilities, and over 2700 miles of pipeline. CSU uses AVEVA™ PI System to gather real-time water quality data to proactively monitor water quality, rather than analyzing historical data that may not reflect current water conditions.
“You’re hoping that the operator on the other end is giving you the right number because you are actually making an operational change based on the information.”
Environmental Scientist Lead of Water Quality Assurance, Colorado Springs Utilities
- Deliver faster quality analysis of 14,000 annual samples
- Gain situational awareness of operations
- Integrate disparate information systems
- Reliance on SCADA operators
- Multiple unintegrated systems
- Large service area with many assets
- Analysis reporting time decreased from three weeks to fifteen minutes
- Fully integrated systems offers maximum operational visibility
- Reduced overtime by 58%, vehicle usage by 30%, and effluent chlorine costs by 10%
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.
Veolia Water Technologies
Discover how AVEVA's cloud-based engineering solution is helping Veolia empower a connected workforce and foster greater collaboration and efficiency, while helping realize its sustainability ambitions and deliver greater value for its customers.
Carson City Public Works
Carson City Public Works Leverages “Smart City” Technology
Long Beach Water Department
A comprehensive SCADA system helps a team manage information from the district's water system consisting of nearly 30,000 data points at 85 major equipment sites.
UC Davis Winery
The Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine and Food Sciences at UC Davis is both a winemaker and a center for scientific research. AVEVA™ PI System™ data has already improved the wine quality and made the institute much more energy efficient. Read more to find out how!