Established in 1948, Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) is an integrated power major spread across a command area of 24,235 km2 in the states of West Bengal and Jharkhand. It is the first multipurpose river valley project of independent India. AVEVA’s plant solutions provide the most productive engineering design software, ensuring information integrity while controlling the design progress.
“The AVEVA solution is a perfect integrated solution for engineering and operation and services for the plant. It will help us to develop any drawing and documentation in a very easy method and represents the system on a 3D platform so that everybody can visualise the project before completion of the physical asset.”
– Mr Hiranmoy Chatterjee, Executive Director, Engineering, DVC
- To build a digital asset for their existing assets.
- To enable capture and recording of historical information on failures and leakages for risk assessment.
- To ensure information integrity and robust version control as designs progress.
- Collation of all information from different source systems and other third parties has increased project efficiency and operational control.