Kohima is the capital city of India's north eastern state of Nagaland and, with a growing population of almost 300,000, is the second largest city in the state. The city lies on the foothills of the Japfü mountain range, an area renowned for its raw natural beauty, ethnic diversity, and biodiversity, as well as increasing popularity as a tourism destination. The city was the site of one of the most valiant battles of World War II and, as such, is also a city of rich historical significance and cultural heritage – as well as being one of 100 cities recognized in India’s Smart City Mission.
"We would like to congratulate the entire AVEVA team who worked on the Integrated Command Center platform integration and implementation for Kohima Smart City. The team has done a commendable job on the platform UI and design and we are extremely pleased with the team’s expertise and dedication to ensure the project was completed well on time.”
PMP Project Manager, Kohima Smart City
- Deliver on Kohima’s vision of fostering innovative, sustainable, and resilient community-led development, while becoming a regional hub for tourism and transit
- Centralize and improve the energy efficiency of the city including surveillance, traffic management, e-assets / data hubs, environment monitoring, and street lighting applications
- Improve the quality of life and civic services for the city’s 290,000+ residents
- Lack of insight and transparency into disparate municipality services and applications
- Lack of consolidated data, impacting response time for service personnel and residents and contributing to costly system downtime and maintenance impacts
- Bolstering city resilience and improving utilization, while ensuring management of the city’s physical and environmental resources
- AVEVA™ Unified Operations Center
- Energy savings of approximately 20% for the city as a result of an integrated technology platform
- An increase in operational efficiency of approximately 40%, with several critical civic service KPIs and notifications enabling teams to take corrective preventive action
- Time to market sped up by 3 months, with the solution helping to ensure the project was designed and deployed ahead of time
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.