Namibia Breweries Limited (NBL) wanted to meet its sustainability goals, improve efficiency, and gain better visibility into its production volumes and KPIs, but stakeholders within the company worried about making changes to its processes. With help from AVEVA™ Historian and AVEVA™ Historian Clients, NBL decreased its carbon footprint by 4,230 tons of CO2 and increased its renewable share of electricity to 4.23 million kWh—all without making sacrifices to the excellent quality of the beer it brews.
“It is great to see what can be done with technology and data when you use the right tools such as the AVEVA products we’ve implemented in this project. It was also a wonderful learning experience to see how combining these products enables the company to achieve end results, as well as improve the overall user experience.”
Annemarie Kruger, MES/MIS Specialist, Namibia Breweries Limited
- Accurately record critical production information from the solar, NH3 cooling, boilers, CO2 plants, and water and power meters
- Develop a dashboard system to view consumption-related information linked to production volumes and KPIs
- Stakeholder resistance to change
- Massive amounts of plant data, which needed to be time synchronized between Historian and the existing OPC server
- Compliance with municipal regulations
- Savings of 4,230 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2)
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.