Update the page name in the following fields:
- Title (fix in both language-masters and live copy; break inheritance in live copy for this field only and manually edit)
- Page Title (changing this text may impact SEO)
- Description (changing this text may impact SEO)
- Breadcrumb (used on page and in sitemap web page link)
- Tags, if applicable (refer to Tag Management for more info) (edits may be needed to Tag Label and Tag Path before addressing in this step)
- If the page URL needs to change based on the page name change and a redirect is needed, then create a temporary redirect, as well as a permanent redirect (refer to Redirect Process for more info)
- Card Properties
- Card Title
- Subhead - to add the "Formerly Known As Old Product Name" text, if applicable (for product pages only)
- Card Description
- Alt Text, if applicable for card image
- Update the H1 (changing this text may impact SEO)
- Add an Announcement banner below the Top Banner, if applicable (for product pages only)
- Update any other applicable page name references within the body copy
"Move" the page to change the URL of the page to reflect the new page name.
If a redirect is needed to address the URL change, refer to Redirect Process for more info.
Determine if the existing tag can be overwritten or if a new tag needs to be created to address the name change.
If a new tag is created, then it will need to be applied within the Basic tab of Page Properties of the applicable pages.
If a tag label or tag path changes for a tag associated to a page that has a Marketo Form Overlay, then notify Marketing Ops team to update the info on their end as well.
Refer to Tag Management for more info.
Sitemap Web Page
Review the sitemap web page to ensure the new page name is reflecting.
In most cases, link text is derived from the Breadcrumb field, but the name may be manually authored if a Fixed List is used, and then it will need to be edited manually.
Review the sitemap.xml to ensure the new page URL is reflecting, if the page in indexed.
Reports and Audits
- Run an Oncrawl report to identify any 301s or 404 generated on the site as a result of changing the page URL.
- Run an ACS Commons report to identify any Card Carousels or Card 2x2 Section Layouts that likely have broken as a results of the tag label or tag path changes. (A copy down from Prod to Stage may be needed to access the latest data.)