A provider of 3D laser scanning and engineering services, BLOM needed a reliable way to translate the scan data from an asset into an accurate and trustworthy digital asset. By choosing AVEVA, BLOM was able to optimize its scanning process and cut installation times by 25% and bills of material by 35%.
“The main benefit we saw with E3D was its ability to integrate and directly import point cloud data, greatly improving our efficiency and allowing us to provide our clients with clash-free engineering, especially in retrofit projects. In these projects, it is important to have a continuous “as-is” visualization of the asset so that we can generate accurate, on-demand drawings, Bills of Materials, and reports of the current state of the asset, which saves time and effort in the design office.”
–Marius Blom CEO, BLOM Maritime
- To increase collaboration.
- To incorporate parameterized design.
- To better integrate engineering and design.
- To improve efficiency.
- To reduce design time.
- Accuracy was difficult to achieve with such large amounts of data.
- Digital visualisations of physical assets needed to be fast and detailed.
- BLOM Maritime could pass significant cost savings on to clients.
- E3D allowed BLOM Maritime to integrate and directly import point cloud data.
- Installation times were cut by 25%.
- Bills of material have been reduced by 35%.