BLOM Maritime provides 3D laser scanning and engineering services for the marine, power and offshore industries. It uses AVEVA™ E3D Design to translate laser scans of assets into accurate and trustworthy digital twins. Those digital twins let BLOM engineers collaborate efficiently on pipe, HVAC, structure, electrical and other systems simultaneously—all in the same design.
“The main benefit we saw with [AVEVA E3D Design] was its ability to integrate and directly import point cloud data, greatly improving our efficiency and allowing us to provide our clients with clash-free engineering, especially in retrofit projects. In these projects, it is important to have a continuous ‘as-is’ visualization of the asset so that we can generate accurate, on-demand drawings, bills of materials, and reports of the current state of the asset, which saves time and effort in the design office."
–Marius Blom CEO, BLOM Maritime
- Increase collaboration.
- Improve efficiency.
- Integrate engineering and design.
- 5 TB projects make accuracy difficult.
- Engineers need to work on different projects in the same point cloud.
- Engineers can coordinate multiple systems simultaneously within the same design.
- Installation times cut 25%.
- Bills of material cut 35%.