Automotive parts manufacturer HENN needed an improved data architecture that would allow it to gain real-time insight into its assembly line process, The primary goal was to improve the quality of its charged air connector, which is a critical car component and used by most major automotive brands. If it were to fail, significant damage to the car manufacturer's brand could result. HENN sought to meet this challenge in a unique way by using AVEVA™ Data Hub and Edge Data Store.
- Improve the quality of the automotive part HENN manufactures
- Collect and provide real-time data sharing with internal stakeholders (analysts) and external stakeholders in the supply chain (suppliers, OEMs)
- Improve visibility into asset conditions to drive efficiency gains
- Improving component quality is key to customer satisfaction and a valuable differentiator
- Establishing the cause of part failure was difficult due to outdated legacy systems and uncontextualized data
- Flexibility to combine time-series data with other types of data, like part numbers
- Reporting time decreased from two days to two minutes, contributing to overall efficiency gain of 10%
- Real-time data is collected and accessible on the cloud, enabling quality issues to be swiftly identified and managed
- Data sharing among suppliers further encourages improved quality
- Flexible SaaS-based subscription licensing model provided assurance of the most cost-effective approach as software needs fluctuated
Before HENN adopted AVEVA Data Hub, its data was largely inaccessible and data scientists had to expend a great deal of effort to capture this information. When HENN subscribed to cloud-native AVEVA Data Hub and deployed AVEVA™ PI System™’s Edge Data Store technology, it was able to quickly improve its data capabilities. HENN now uses AVEVA solutions to allow it to precisely track and trace the parts it manufactures and facilitate a more efficient manufacturing operation and more reliable product.
“With AVEVA Data Hub and the Edge Data Store, we can monitor and dashboard our products and our assembly lines, and we have the opportunity to create dashboards in different locations – in the assembly line, headquarters, branch office. Our team now has immediate access to data – with just one click.”
Gerhard Bechter Head of IT, HENN
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.