Schneider Electric’s Smart Factory Program: A lighthouse for digital transformation in manufacturing
Discover how AVEVA worked with the smart factory team at Schneider Electric to co develop the lean discrete management software which enabled the factory to streamline its operations in the cloud, becoming a WEF Lighthouse and a model for Schneider's wider smart factory program.
"We share a culture of innovation with AVEVA and by working closely together, our teams were able to co-develop a lean digitization system that helped bring digital value to life, empowering our people and streamlining operations, while driving sustainable energy efficiency outcomes and reducing the factory’s carbon footprint"
– Anthony Loy
Smart Supply Chain Program Director, Schneider Electric
- Transform global footprint of 100 discrete manufacturing sites to improve product quality, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Apply Industry 4.0 technologies to connect shop floor to top floor for oversight of operational performance and asset performance.
- Develop “lighthouse” sites to scale best practices, expertise, and knowledge sharing.
- Enable sustainability through energy efficiency and a connected workforce.
- Identifying a software solution to handle the company’s broad and diverse network of manufacturing sites and product lines.
- Lack of visibility on shop floor activity due to lack of data, resulting in delayed response to issues on the line.
- Use of legacy systems, bespoke software implementations, and manual, paper-based processes.
- Recognition of Batam, Indonesia site as a Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) Lighthouse by the World Economic Forum.
- Improved operational efficiency through real-time performance tracking and digital escalation for faster decision making.
- 44% less downtime.
- 40% increase in on-time delivery for customers.
- 21% energy savings achieved.
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.