Shanghai Laogang Waste Incineration Power Plant Phase II is a comprehensive power generation project by the Shanghai Environmental Group. AVEVA’s specialist team worked closely with Wuzhou Engineering and the Laogang Project Department to introduce AVEVA’s 3D plant design tools and AVEVA™ Asset Information Management (formerly AVEVA NET) effectively throughout the project, to centralize and unify project data from disparate sources.
“AVEVA’s solutions enabled our engineering and design teams to complete their tasks more quickly and efficiently than ever before. They also eliminated many of the construction and inter-disciplinary collision problems at the design stage, reducing waste and rework during the construction phase.”
– Mr. Yue Vice President, Shanghai Environmental Group
- To streamline all supply chain operations.
- To achieve swifter, more effective collaboration between the engineering and design teams.
- To gain regular data updates between EPC and the plant operator.
- Data couldn’t be shared easily or consistently between designers of different elements of the plant.
- Data interference and collision issues resulted in delays and extra costs.
- There was no existing mechanism for transferring consistent, correct data between the EPC and the operator.
- More than 200 construction clashes have been detected and avoided.
- There have been significant reductions in project costs.
- Access to reliable information for operations and maintenance has improved.
- Digital handover to operations and maintenance has become fast and effective.