Woodlands Dairy bought a second-hand powder plant from Denmark which had a control system that was outdated and not suitable for modifications required to adapt the process to Woodlands Dairy’s specifications. Woodlands Dairy chose AVEVA as the platform for a new monitoring and control system to achieve compliance with ISO22000 and reduce engineering costs while improving quality control.
“The AVEVA technology helped increase our level of knowledge and control to the degree that we can now think about improving our processes rather than just keeping up with them.”
Jan Barnard Process Engineer Woodlands Dairy
- Create a redundant, reliable, and flexible system using a single platform that will integrate disparate plants on site
- Preserve previous investments in assets and legacy systems
- The system had to comply with ISO 22000 standards
- The project had to be completed without any interruptions to production
- Reduced engineering cost while improving quality control
- Improved troubleshooting capabilities
- Accurate reporting and standards in place for future use
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.