About Pipeline Operations
In today’s competitive transportation market, pipeline companies must effectively and efficiently operate their pipelines in real time, while at the same time ensuring pipeline controllers have strong situational awareness. They must be certain that the plan for moving product through the pipeline is being maintained and that all information is being logged appropriately for both business and regulatory needs, which is where our Liquids and Gas versions of Pipeline Operations helps.
A pipeline company with only a generic SCADA system has few tools to assist the pipeline controller in operating the pipeline in real time. This means that the pipeline controller must perform many tasks manually, jeopardising productivity, safety, and customer satisfaction.
Pipeline Operations Features
Pipeline Operations provides everything needed to efficiently manage real-time control room operations, and provides liquids and gas operations visibility not possible with a generic SCADA system.
Pipeline Operations bridges this gap by bringing pipeline visibility to the control room, giving pipeline controllers the operational awareness they need to manage their pipeline more effectively.
- Track the movement and predict the estimated time of arrival for batches (Batch Tracking)
- Determine net metered volumes and flow rates for each point of measurement on the pipeline using API standards
- Provide the ability to store, view, and edit pending, active, and completed tickets
- Manage net and gross volumes of fluid within tanks based on telemetered tank levels
- Support operations safety by validating that the right commodities are in the right place before executing commands
- Calculate and display hydraulic profiles in real time, including pressure, head, flow, density, viscosity, and diameter, along the pipeline
- Calculate and summarise real-time flow measurements from the SCADA system to optimise operations and ensure pipeline integrity
- Measure flow and quality in real time to enable business responsiveness
- Calculate line pack in real time to add to measurement history for comprehensive management of operational commodity
- Monitor and optimise the performance of compression facilities (centrifugal compressor units) to reduce operating expenses
- Represent key operational data associated with gas contracts including daily nomination, expected hour-by-hour profile, end of day volume, and remaining time to meet accumulated volume
Discover the Latest News and Resources
Check out the latest news, blogs, events, webinars, and success stories.