Deschutes Brewery needed to make beer fermenter cooling consistent and repeatable and reduce the need for manual readings during beer fermentation transition phases. It used AVEVA™ PI System to reduce production time and eliminate the need for $8M in system upgrades.
“We were able to put off the unnecessary $8 million capital project… while assuring the highest quality in all our brands.”
Brian Faivre, Brewmaster of Operations, Deschutes Brewery
- Make fermentation cooling consistent and repeatable
- Reduce the need for manual readings during beer fermentation transition phases
- During the cooling phase of the brewing process, temperatures were spiking in fermenters
- It was difficult to predict when beers should transition from one phase of fermentation to the next
- Deschutes reduced production time by up to 72 hours for each batch
- It increased capacity and eliminated $8M in capital upgrades
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.