With over 80 years of experience in implementing successful and sophisticated gas purification projects, the Giprogazoochistka Group (GGO) holds a leading position in the Russian engineering industry. AVEVA’s Unified Engineering solution enables GGO to link schematic, engineering and 3D objects, to ensure that the single source of data can be defined and used as a reference when it is at an approved maturity level.
“AVEVA places a high value on such early stage collaboration, as it is crucial to the continual progression of AVEVA solutions and helps our customers to achieve their goals faster and with fewer risks.”
– Dmitry Smeltsov,
Regional Manager AVEVA Russia & CIS
- Develop a single standard for datasheets to automate work processes.
- Carefully monitor and control the initial design concept and the final released documentation throughout the project.
- Manage all project information on a common platform so that each discipline can work independently, but all share data as the design develops.
- Replace an in-house SQL-based solution for tighter integration between line lists, the 3D model, and pipe isometrics.
- Navigate the the many evolving changes in designing complex petrochemical facilities, such as information clashes between 2D and 3D models.
- Difficult time frame for implementation demanded a quick, collaborative solution.
The following integrated AVEVA solution was implemented:
- GGO has increased its headcount by 3X, despite increasing scale and complexity.
- The organization can now deliver 6 times as many projects, using the latest gas purification technologies.
- By integrating engineering data into its 3D model, information clashes between the 2D and 3D models are eliminated, enabling more efficient, collaborative design development.
- Generated datasheets for 25 pieces of equipment with all necessary standards incorporated, enabling tasks to be completed much more quickly and efficiently.
- Engineering data infrastructure can now cater for the varying needs of its users throughout the project life cycle. Everyone involved in a project can now see, and correctly respond to, engineering and design changes as the project proceeds.
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.