National energy reform created both new challenges and opportunities for the Kansai Electric Power Company, Japan’s second-largest power producer. Now Kansai uses AVEVA PI System at all nine of its plants to improve operations, reduce downtime and cut costs.
“[AVEVA] PI System, which enables the collection, storage and visualization of enormous amounts of data, is an essential data-management system for our solution.”
Tadahiro Nakazawa, Manager, Technology Development Group, Thermal Power Division, Kansai
- Improve operations and optimize maintenance
- Attract new customers
- Operating in a newly-competitive market
- Needs to share data across nine plants
- Saved $3 million a year in one plant alone
- Launched the Value Creation Services program for customers
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.