The project to build a greenfield potash mine in Saskatchewan required a significant workforce, with 11 different EPC firms working simultaneously on different aspects of the construction. The challenge to ensure a smooth handover from the EPC firms to the construction site and then the owner-operator was met by AVEVA, delivering fast access to real-time information and seamless change management.
“AVEVA Engineering is an extremely versatile tool, especially for organizing and querying data and compiling useful reports - a simple query function identifies the information I need, and reports take me just 20 minutes.”
Engineering Systems Administrator,
K+S Potash Canada
- Develop a strategy for a smooth, complete information handover to accelerate time to start-up
- Ensure consistent data between the engineering, procurement and construction team, the construction site and K+S Potash’s operations leadership
- Enable real-time information sharing across a shared platform
- Foster transparency and trust between all parties to help ensure teams met project targets
- Lack of complete end-to-end project design, commissioning and operations support
- Information handover from EPC to K+S Potash was hampered by different data sources
- Lack of asset visualization made minor design edits cumbersome to execute accurately
- Quick and easy access to integrated, real-time information
- Smooth, clear and consistent information handver from the EPC team to K+S Potash’s operating leaders
- Seamless implementation of operations change mangement best practices
Related success stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.