RHI Magnesita is a world-leading supplier of refractory materials and a trusted operator of refractory application machines. A satisfied user of AVEVA™ PI System™ in other parts of its business, the company turned to AVEVA™ Data Hub to modernize maintenance and asset management for its refractory application machines. Cloud-based predictive analytics applied to real-time operations data helped RHI Magnesita minimize its customer's unplanned downtime, alleviate supply bottlenecks, and even reduce carbon emissions.
"From the hardware down to the virtual machine, they have all been done with the support of the PI System and its cloud data hub. It wouldn’t have been possible if all of these solutions were not at hand and easy to use.”
Alexander Platzer, Head of Global Engineering and Simulation, RHI Magnesita
- Improve parts management and asset performance for industrial customers.
- Increase maintenance efficiency and reduce costs.
- Managing refractory material stock for over 1000 refractory application machines at customer sites across the world.
- Relieved supply bottlenecks and reduced downtime.
- Predict refractory consumption six months out with an accuracy of more than 80%.
- Expected to reduce CO2 emissions by more than 4,200 tons per year.
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.