TotalEnergies, as a multinational energy company, is diversifying its energy production to include renewables and moving toward net zero emissions. To achieve this goal, it needed to precisely measure its current emissions. Using AVEVA™ PI System™ it collected data globally—across all its operations—and made this new pool of data available to its teams. With this emissions data, TotalEnergies has been able to make the data-driven decisions to gain ~2% in operational efficiency on some assets and has seen even greater efficiency gains on other assets.
- Increase sustainability of operations
- Properly measure asset emissions as the first step toward net zero
- Measuring emissions from many refineries
- Difficulty monitoring and measuring emissions from certain units
- AVEVA™ PI System™
- AVEVA™ PI System Asset Framework
- Efficiency gains of ~2% and greater on assets due to data-centric decision-making
- Increased collaboration enabled by greater data sharing
Related success stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.