The Historian Powered by Wonderware offers several key benefits that all Citect SCADA customers can take advantage of. Notably:
- Support for tag counts in the millions.
- Hybrid architecture support that includes a secure, robust architecture for on-premises' Tier-1 Historians designed for low latency, high availability requirements, couple with a Tier-2 Historian architecture for reporting, dashboards, KPIs and other summary metrics at the enterprise level.
- Native integration to a cloud based information management portal and mobile app called AVEVA Insight that enables data collection from any sensor, driver or protocol in any context whether it be existing operational technology networks or the newly evolving Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) landscape.
Historian Evolution Complexity
The Citect Historian to the Historian Powered by Wonderware evolution can range in complexity. A simple system using Citect Historian only to look at historical CitectSCADA data is a straight forward conversion. A Citect Historian that is connected to other systems can be more complex to evolve. Below is a list of systems that may need to be addressed as part of the conversion. In either case, hiring a team with both Citect and Wonderware experience, along with experience with the systems below is key to a successful project outcome.
- Reporting (Dream Report, SSRS, etc.)
- SCADA trend screens
- SCADA alarm screens
- Network segregation (DMZ)
- MES systems (Ampla, etc.)
- Historical data retention
Successful transitions from a Citect Historian to the Historian Powered by Wonderware require many aspects of a Historian, and the SCADA system as a whole to be understood. In order to do this well, a team with the proper qualifications is required. This offer provides a company with the following qualifications.
- AVEVA Endorsed System Integrator Partner - System Platform and InTouch.
- CSIA Certified
- Automation Alliance Group partner
This offer also provides a team with the following qualifications:
- Ten Wonderware Certified Application Developers
- Eight Wonderware Certified Historian Developers
- Ten Wonderware System Platform training completions
- One Palo Alto Networks Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
- One Department of Homeland Security Industrial Control Systems Cyber Security (301) Trained engineer
- Participation in multiple client Department of Homeland Security Audits
- One Licensed Electrical Engineer in the State of California
- Three Certified Project Management Professionals
Water & Wastewater
Developer Product Certifications
Established in 1998 as the industries source for all phases of Control Systems Integration. We deliver reliable and high quality solutions that are tailored to the specific needs of each client.
AVEVA Historian, formerly Wonderware
Formerly Known As Historian
Empower people with high-fidelity historical data from operations, enabling them to solve problems faster, make better data-based decisions, and increase productivity.
AVEVA Plant SCADA
Formerly Known As Citect SCADA
A reliable, flexible, and high-performance Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition software solution for industrial process customers.
AVEVA™ Historical Trend OMI App
Add a rich set of capabilities for run-time and historical trending within AVEVA Operations Management Interface (OMI) with little effort to implement through global configuration.
AVEVA™ InTouch HMI - Conversion Service
Drive your AVEVA InTouch HMI classic applications into the future
Source Control & Change Control
The key to maintaining a SCADA system is having documented Source Control & Change Control systems.