AVEVA is working closely with Aker Carbon Capture to mitigate the carbon dioxide emissions of industrial operations and accelerate the transition to net zero. Aker Carbon Capture designs and builds facilities for companies in carbon-intensive industries, such as cement, steel, and oil and gas. AVEVA’s Unified Engineering in the cloud helps Aker Carbon Capture create efficient and replicable designs for carbon capture units, and AVEVA’s cloud-based software allows teams to collaborate across time zones, resulting in an increase in operational efficiency and time to market by over 50%.
“Using AVEVA E3D Design has been a super important part of our engineering process. We have found that it improves efficiency in terms of how we work together. It’s a modular process, so that makes it easy for us to adjust to client needs. There are also clear benefits in terms of cyber security.”
David Phillips, Head of UK & Investor Relations at Aker Carbon Capture
- Reduce the overall cost of services to accelerate the uptick of carbon capture globally.
- Reduce engineering hours, increase transparency, and enable collaboration.
- Engineers and designers need to work concurrently during facility design.
- Teams separated by time zones and large distances need to collaborate on projects.
- A material reduction in engineering hours.
- Reduced cost of medium-sized offerings of nine years ago by 90%.
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.