Watch how Covestro uses AVEVA™ Process Simulation (formerly SimCentral) to cut inefficiencies in process design, engineering, and simulation
Covestro is among the world's largest polymer companies. Its business activities are focused on the manufacturing of high-tech polymer materials and the development of innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life.
Pushing Boundaries is a key theme at Covestro. Digital Transformation of its production is in line with its holistic view of the asset lifecycle. This requires: One single process model for the entire lifecycle and all departments involved with process simulation, like Process Design, Automation, Operator Training, Simulation, Performance Monitoring or Online Optimization. A tool that is powerful enough to satisfy modeling experts, for example in central technology, yet user-friendly and robust for casual users, such as operators in production. AVEVA Process Simulation (formerly SimCentral) meets those needs and is ideally suited to support the digital transformation of production processes with a Digital Twin of the process behavior.
"We want to be at the forefront of thoughtful application of innovation, we see process innovation as a contributing factor to the strong financial performance that we have seen since the split from Bayer, now being traded in the DAX, as one of the largest companies in Germany."
- Dr. Frank Döbert, SVP Technology and Production
- Address the intense market pressure to deliver product and process innovation
- Rationalize the number of tools that must be learned and used throughout the lifecycle
- Eliminate predatory vendor relationships and poor support
- Highly complex, world-scale chemical processes
- Separate, disconnected tools for process design, training simulation, hydraulics, etc
- Handle problems they could not solve before – especially heavily recycled flowsheets
- A single, easy-to-use platform for all problems, instead of point solutions
- Digital Twin capable of uniting control engineers and process engineers
- A partner in ongoing development to advance process simulation across the enterprise
Related success stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.