With 16 production sites in Japan, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (MCC) needed an operational technology platform that could help it break down data silos, unify its disparate production plants, and gain much-needed visibility across its operations. When MCC implemented AVEVA™ PI System™, it could detect production anomalies faster and solve problems more quickly, which translated to an excellent return on investment and a holistic, forward-looking strategy.
”We will be using AVEVA PI System for the long term. In addition to support as a platform, the key is how we can utilize data in the system, including integration with other systems. OSIsoft, now a part of AVEVA, has a wealth of case studies in the global market, so I expect them to share them with us and support us in solving our problems, as well as provide us with further value by becoming a part of AVEVA.”
Senior Manager, Digital Transformation Promotion Group, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation.
- Build an OT data platform that links the systems of 16 production sites, enabling enterprise-wide operational intelligence.
- Enterprise-wide operational intelligence, so users, plant managers, executives, and business analysts can visualize and analyze all plant data anytime, anywhere.
- Data collection and analysis siloed at 16 production sites, each of which had disparate equipment and production processes.
- System applications with duplicate functions at each manufacturing site.
- Improved abnormality detection and problem resolution.
- Optimized return on investment for digital transformation and total cost of ownership for plant system maintenance.
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.