Newcrest Mining used AVEVA PI System to gather real-time data and create a scalable data architecture that could run multiple AVEVA PI System servers redundantly and support model-driven virtual sensors. The new system increased throughput by 650,000 tons in the first six months and decreased crushing-circuit downtime by 50%.
“We can now continuously operate the COB, run of mine (ROM), and loaders, even in the event of a COB-level sensor failure. This helps ensure the conveyors are at full capacity and don’t stop operating unnecessarily, leading to increased production.”
Pascal Dubois, General Manager at Cadia
- Create a scalable platform to collect and mobilize data
- Reduce downtime for critical assets
- Newcrest could not gather real-time data, which delayed responses
- The mine is underground, and it is difficult to get technicians in and out to maintain physical sensors
- Increased throughput by 650,000 tons in the first six months
- Decreased crushing-circuit downtime by 50%
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.