Schneider Electric Deploys AVEVA Discrete Lean Management to 70+ Factories
How Schneider Electric deployed AVEVA discrete Lean management at 70 manufacturing plants in two years for real-time production response and continuous improvement.
“AVEVA software solutions provide tremendous value to Schneider Electric factories. We see productivity, uptime, and efficiency improvement, and we’re deploying to our other remaining sites.”
Sylvain Gire, Vice President, GSC Transformation-Industrialisation, Schneider Electric
- Digitize Lean manufacturing practices and work information to improve performance across 100 global manufacturing sites as part of Schneider Electric’s Smart Factory Programme.
- Standardize measures of equipment and labor effectiveness to generate best practices and global benchmarks.
- Enable faster decision making, issue escalation, and analysis through collection and visualization of production data.
- Improve customer satisfaction by improving product quality and on-time delivery.
- Use of legacy systems and individual plant solutions resulting in high IT costs and non-standard data.
- Heavy reliance on paper-based processes and manual work instruction slowing issue response.
- Lack of visibility on shop floor operations for decision making and performance analysis.
- Availability of a manufacturing solution able to handle Schneider Electric’s wide variety of manufacturing lines and products.
- Deployed AVEVA Discrete Lean Management to more than 70 manufacturing sites.
- Increased productivity 10% due to downtime mitigation.
- Enabled 70% faster response time through automated escalation.
- Increased worker effectiveness by eliminating paper-based work order management and instruction.