With a goal of providing the industry’s shortest available lead times, Thomson Technology looked for ways to reduce the time spent in development of their HMI and SCADA applications, and create customizable application templates that could be configured on site. They chose AVEVA Edge as the HMI for their 2400 switchgear series, and created applications that could be individually configured for each customer, and reduced HMI programming times by 50% - 60%.
“Virtually any protocol is available, from DNP 3.0 to BACnet.”
- Blake Debasio, Engineering Manager, Thomson Technology
- Provide standard communications through Modbus Serial, Modbus TCP, and Remote OPC.
- Provide a communication gateway between devices
- HMI development time prevented the company from meeting its lead time objectives
- Existing SCADA/HMI development software suites had unintuitive interfaces, leading to long development time and labor expenses
- AVEVA™ Edge
- HMI programming time reduced 50% - 60% per project
- Energy management is easy to track and control using the series 1400 Switchgear’s HMI