Jiangsu Nuclear Power Corporation is a power company in China that operates the Jiangsu Tianwan Power Plant located 500 km north of Shanghai. By 2027 the Tianwan plant will be not only the largest nuclear plant in China, but in the world. Along with its energy, the plant produces a vast amount of operations data. The PI System helps JNPC extract all production process data in real time and assemble it into easily legible graphics for analysis.
“PI ProcessBook can present data from the various processes in flowcharts to our staff at different levels, making it easier for us to understand the real-time data.”
Yang Qiang, Senior Engineer, JNPC
- Monitor equipment in real time
- Analyze and present data in different formats for different roles
- Integrate similar systems country-wide to benchmark performance
- Capturing sufficient datapoints to provide meaningful analysis
- Integrating with other data platforms onsite and across China
- Site growing constantly while under construction
- AVEVA™ PI System™
- PI ProcessBook™
- PI ProcessBook presents data from multiple processes in dashboards customized for staff in different roles
- When operations data diverges from expected results, engineers can quickly analyze and diagnose issues
- The power plant can access and learn from the experience of other power plants with comparisons of similar equipment across China
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.