Oulu Mining School in Finland developed a full-scale pilot plant for students to learn with practical tools and applications. Partnering with AVEVA and Schneider Electric, the university now offers a seamless transition for students from theory to practice using the same software used by many of the world’s largest metals and mining companies.
- Launch students into the mining world fully equipped
- Support the advancement of teaching
- Transform classroom time to link theory to practice
- Students entering the real world were not familiar with the practical part of the mining process
- Access to real world tools from AVEVA and Schneider Electric
- The pilot plant uses the same processes as a fullscale plant
- Students are prepared to innovate in a real working environment
"The collaboration with Schneider and AVEVA is extremely important for us. We’ve had visiting lecturers so that our students will learn from the expert, not just from us."
– Professor Saija Luukkanen,
Head of Oulu Mining School
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.