Vattenfall is the third-largest hydropower supplier in Europe. It decided to use AVEVA PI System to improve its condition-based asset maintenance. That decision cut maintenance costs by 1.5% in just one year. Now, Vattenfall also uses AVEVA PI System to do root-cause analysis and trend analysis on demand.
“The benefit is that we can find a failure before it occurs, and then we can have a planned maintenance activity instead of an unplanned one.”
Magnus Holmbum, Maintenance Development Engineer, Vattenfall
- Reduce unplanned maintenance costs with a proactive, real-time approach
- Identify potential maintenance issues before they occur
- Legacy systems could not provide real-time insights
- Reactive approach to maintenance was ineffective
- Total maintenance costs reduced by 1.5% within the first year
- Employees get alerts via email and text message when potential issues arise
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.