Vattenfall Hydro Power needed to reduce unplanned maintenance and help employees troubleshoot issues promptly. Vattenfall Hydro Power represents more than 50% of energy production in Sweden and is the third-largest hydropower provider in Europe. The utility manages more than 100 power plants in Sweden and Finland with an annual production of 30-35 TWh. The PI System help the company quickly find failures before they occur, reducing overall maintenance costs by 1.5% in the first year alone.
“The benefit is that we can find a failure before it occurs, and then we can have a planned maintenance activity instead of an unplanned one.”
- Magnus Holmbum, Maintenance Development Engineer, Vattenfall
- Real-time monitoring of more than 25 assets across Sweden.
- Replace existing system to improve efficiency and reduce cost of operations.
- Implement a maintenance strategy featuring real-time condition-based monitoring.
- The new strategy must integrate with existing systems.
- The PI System
- The PI System offered more stable data capture and future expansion.
- Vattenfall reduced its maintenance costs by 1.5% in the first year.
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.